Friday, February 12, 2010

Olympic Fever - ish Knitting


Wow, it's finally here! And I am ready. I've reserved my place on the couch, and the remote, for the next two weeks. And the new flat screen TV was set up last night, so I get to watch the Olympic 2010 experience in HD! How lucky can you get!!!
My project is ready to go. I'll cast on when the opening ceremony begins - well I'll cast on during a commercial break, since I don't want to miss a single minute. I was there, when the torch came through our town, and I was soooooo moved.
As for my project, I've decided to try to knit a lace shawl, my first one. The pattern is in the winter/spring 2010 issue of Knitscene, and is called "Conifer Shawl" by Kate Gagnon Osborn. I have a beautiful Organic Wool (hand dyed) from Fleece Artist, in a wonderful greenish-blue colour. I've got a brand new circular needle, already uncoiled in a hot water bath, the pattern graphs have been enlarged, and I bought a brand new row counter, too. Yes, my basket has some basic supplies - scissors, needles, tape measure, snacks, and the tissues for all those emotional moments I know I'm going to have.
GO! CANADA! GO!

PS: I have a back-up shawl project, just in case this one proves too difficult during the games, or, heaven forbid, I get bored with this one. I'll fill you in on the back-up project tomorrow.

No comments: