Friday, May 15, 2009

Socks for a Grandson!


Many times I have commented that I would rather spend time with my Grandchildren, than knit for them, but if one of them asks for something specific, Nonna just can't say no. So when my one grandson asked for socks, and then asked if he could have beads on them, I couldn't pass up the chance to knit them for his 5th birthday. Oh!!! to be 5.
The yarn is Garnstudio DROPS Fabel, in a fabulous colorway, and the beads were added on afterwards, with a nylon thread, so that they don't come off, unless of course I'm asked to take them off. I don't think that will happen any time soon, as he gasped in awe when he opened them up, and had to put them on immediately. They were still on his feet when we left the party in the evening. The pattern is "Most Basic Kid's Sock" by Evelyn Skae, and is available on Ravelry, as well as on her web site. Thank-you Evelyn.

No comments: